Therapy is an investment of time, money and energy. I believe you need an experienced therapist that can help you feel comfortable, honest and open while working through challenging problems. I’m here to provide that environment.
My Treatment Philosophy
My goal as a therapist is to assist you in identifying, understanding and resolving the issues or areas in your life that are not working. Each of us is a unique individual and it is my role to bring the information to you in a way that meets your own style and situation. I will show you there is hope and help you see that things do not have to continue the way they are right now. Together we will find ways to help you change and develop better techniques for making good choices and developing life balance.
- 25 years as a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- Extensive experience and expertise in working with individuals, couples and families
- Clinical Director of psychiatric hospital specialty programs such as; Adult Stress, Women’s Issues and Children’s Issues
- College instructor in General and Social Psychology and Victimology
- Corporate Coach & Trainer providing on-site and web-based training, workshops and critical incident debriefings with management and employees around workplace wellness and manager development
This broad range of clinical and educational experience allows me to guide you to the place in life you desire.
Someone You Can Trust
Whether you seek problem specific resolution and or an ongoing opportunity for self exploration, problem resolution and enhanced personal growth, I can be of help. I look forward to meeting with you in the near future where together we will assess your current life situation, define your short and long term goals and outline an action plan to take you there. I appreciate your trust in me by taking the next step and setting an appointment.
- Ph.D., Psychology, Alliant/United States International University, San Diego, CA
- M.S., Counseling Psychology, California State University, San Bernardino, CA
- B.A., Psychology and Health & Society, University of California, Riverside, CA
Licensure and Certifications
- Licensed Marriage Family Therapist (Texas) LMFT 201515-Active
- Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist (California) LMFT ME021363-Active
- Certified Life Coach – The Academy of Modern Applied Psychology
- Gottman Method Therapy Level 3
- Brief Therapy certification
- Mitchell trained Critical Incident Stress Debriefer (CISD)
- Past Membership Chairperson for Idaho Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (IDAMFT)
- Member – American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT)
Member – Texas Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (TAMFT)
- Member – Austin Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (Austin-AMFT)
Research, Publications, and Key Speaking Engagements
- Gender, Sex Roles and the Depressive Experience – Masters Thesis and Doctoral Dissertation
- Gender, Sex Roles and the Depressive Experience” Western State Psychological Association Convention, Seattle, WA
- Lunch-n-Learn training series – “Managing Stress” and “Balancing Work & Home” Austin TX
- Columnist for “Corona This Month” Magazine & “The Daily Independent Newspaper”
- Contributor for “Behavioral Health Update” a monthly newsletter for United Behavioral Health
- “Community Lecture Series, Colorado & California
- “Women Who Know Too Much”, Women’s Conference, Riverside, CA
- Suicide Prevention- presented to students of Corona Junior High School, Corona, CA
- “Finding the Time to Relax” Federal Women’s Conference, Norco, CA
- “Happiness is a Choice” Keynote speaker- aired on KSGN radio, Corona, CA
- “The New Assertive You” Keynote speaker-Federal Women’s conference, Norco, CA
- “EAP” Keynote speaker-State of Missouri EAP Conference
- Television interview on “Helping your child cope with the murder of their friend and neighbor”, Louisville, CO
Developing New Therapists
I am now providing private practice site opportunities for other therapists as they complete the internship that is required as part of their curriculum. You will receive quality care and professionalism from them within their area of expertise as they are all under the supervision of Licensed Marriage and Family Supervisors. Their supervisors will provide the guidance and oversight necessary for the treatment they provide you. If you are a new patient seeking a provider feel free to contact the intern directly.